We know. It’s summer and you want to go swimming or work on your tan, but we are only asking for a few days in August. Volunteers can choose between two different levels of commitment: Part-Time or Full-Time. The Part-Time program offers more flexibility and choices, while Full-Time Volunteers are usually selected to fill the more in-demand volunteer positions.
1. Part-Time Volunteers (16 hours, you sign up for your schedule):
- Commit to a minimum of 16 total hours during the Festival: sign up for additional hours if you like.
- Sign up in advance for specific shift times of your choosing, as available. Shifts on weekends are in high demand, so you may end up with weekday to meet the minimum requirement.
- Attend pre-Festival trainings and/or New Volunteer Orientation.
- Receive, read and respond to email communications (our primary means of contact)
2. Full-Time Volunteers (16+ hours, we assign a full-time schedule):
- Commit to a preassigned Festival schedule of 8 to 10 hours each day (between 24 – 48 hours of volunteer hours).
- Be available to work the entire Festival period as determined by your job assignment.
- Attend pre-Festival trainings/orientations.
- Receive, read and respond to email communications and facebook (our primary means of contact)
Music production volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. All others must be at least 16. All volunteers are expected to maintain a valid drivers license or government I.D. card.
Without the efforts of our volunteers, the KahBang Festival could not exist. To reward individuals who devote precious hours to the festival, we provide benefits as a thank-you for their efforts. Benefits are provided in relation to the total number of hours volunteered. All volunteers receive festival credentials.